Tuesday, June 26, 2012

In everything?



Every once in a while God gives us insight into why he allows those really tough things into our lives.  Even when he does, sometimes it's still hard to be thankful for it.  But just this morning I felt God telling me that I needed to write down one of those hard things on my thankful list.  So I did, through my tears.

#725. Infertility 

It was so hard to write down!  But if we had always been able to have babies easily, we would never have adopted, I'm sure of it.  We would have thought it was too expensive and too complicated.  There would have been no PD, DJ, SJ or AJ in our family!  And that thought is unbearable.  In this situation, God gave me the insight into why he allowed such a hard thing into our lives. 

Give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything,
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:20  

No matter what your struggle is, God is sovereign- that means he knows all about it, he knows why he allowed it in your life, he has a good purpose in it and he knows what the future holds for you.  That is why we can give him thanks in everything.  He can be fully trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...