Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Giving Thanks

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I have learned a lot about thankfulness over the last year, a lot of it is because of reading One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp.  In case you haven't read it, she was challenged by a friend to write down 1,000 things she was thankful for and so she did it and she writes how it changed her life and her perspective.  Her writing is amazing and I would really recommend it.  So after reading it I decided to make my own list of things I'm thankful for, and I just wrote down number 626 this morning!  I just write a few each day.  There are some days when it is hard to think of anything!  But like God says in the verse above, we are to give thanks in all circumstances, not just the warm fuzzy feeling circumstances.  It is so easy to get a gripey attitude about life and start seeing the glass as half empty (at least for me- I think Andy was blessed with the other kind of perspective) so this has been really good for me.  So, if you're like me, I'd challenge you to make your own thankful list too- see how it changes your perspective!  Ann Voskamp has a blog that is very good also- here's the link to it.

aholyexperience.com

And here's a cute picture of a little boy in a tree.  Because I'm thankful that our boys can climb trees to their hearts content anytime they want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...