Monday, May 14, 2012

the end of homeschool


I have been homeschooling our kids for seven years- makes me tired just thinking about it!  (:  We are done for the year and maybe for always.  Mostly because of my health problems this winter we made the hard decision to quit homeschooling and send the kids to our local public school instead next year.  It took me awhile to get used to the idea but now I'm kind of excited about it.  Not about them leaving me- I dread that!  But it will be good to get out more and meet people in the community.  When you homeschool it's easy to get a little ingrown sometimes. 

We will have one kid in high school, one in middle school, and three in elementary.  How did all my babies grow up so fast?  Our lives are going to change big time.  Going from staying home all the time to having kids in three different schools, one in band and sports, homework, and one with a driver's license will be different!

Now I need to clean up the school room- and the best part- I get to turn it into a sewing room/spare bedroom!  So that's my summer project. 

And here's a funny picture of our youngest that we found on our son's camera- he took it last summer.  Cool dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...