Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Aaah, Colorado!

We decided a couple weeks ago to spend Memorial Day weekend in Colorado, visiting Andy's parents- wasn't that a great idea?  (:  We had such a nice time.  The guys got in some fishing, catching a few trout and some perch, we saw lots of pretty scenery, had nice visits with Andy's family, and just enjoyed being together.  Andy's parents live near a mountain called the Mesa, and Andy has many memories of going up there as a kid- hiking, fishing, and camping, so he loves getting back up there every so often and we love coming along!
On our way home we stopped in Glenwood Canyon on I-70 and did the Hanging Lake trail.  If you have never tried this trail, it's not for the faint of heart.  It's a little over a mile of nothing but climbing up rocks.  But when you get to the top there is this beautiful lake-
It's so clear and beautiful, it makes the pain of getting there worth it!  Whenever we're in the mountains it reminds me of Psalm 121:1-2.

I lift up my eyes to the hills-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

2 comments:

  1. It was the most wonderful gift to have all of you visit us. I love those boys, and I'm so glad we'll get to visit you again in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we sure had fun, and I'm glad it all worked out so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...