Monday, May 21, 2012

First garden produce of the year

Our garden is nothing to brag about, mostly it's just for fun.  It's a good thing that we are not depending on it for survival.  Those poor people 200 years ago must have either all been really good gardeners and never had a bad year, or else they must have been really hungry sometimes.  Anyways, a couple days ago I noticed some potatoes were starting to pop out of the ground, so this morning I dug around a few of the plants and got some nice new potatoes for our dinner!  I'm going to use my good friend Nicole's recipe for new potatoes, we all love it so I'm going to share it with you.  It's really easy and quick too.

Nicole's Potatoes

Cut thin skinned new potatoes in bite size pieces.  Place in pot with water and 1/8-1/4 c. salt and bring to a boil.  Boil until soft but not mushy.  Drain.  Add a stick of butter and stir to let it melt over the potatoes.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...