Thursday, May 10, 2012

Early morning quiet

I'm not much of a morning person, just ask anyone in the family!  But this morning my crazy allergies woke me up at 6:00, before anyone else had crawled out of bed, so I decided to go ahead and get up.  It was such a nice time, I sat by the sliding glass door, cracked it open so I could hear the birds singing, watched the sun come up through the trees, and had my devotions.  Of course I made myself some coffee too!  Morning coffee in my rose coffee cups from Aunt Vicki with hazelnut creamer is the best!  Plus you can have it on a gluten free diet!!
I was feeling kind of down yesterday for various reasons so the verse I read this morning was perfect-
"Why are you downcast, O my soul?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."  Psalm 43:5  It was silly because one of the very things I was feeling down about was something that we have been through many times before and God has always taken care of it and worked things out perfectly... so why am I doubting again?  It's a good thing God is so patient with me.

Well, time to get started on the day, the kids are waking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...