Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What's blooming now...

I love flowers and flower gardens!  I have big dreams for our place, but we do live in the windy midwest with extreme heat and extreme cold, so sometimes reality hits.  I love checking out Aiken House and Gardens for inspiration- she lives on Prince Edward Island, where Anne of Green Gables was from, and her gardens are amazing!  I'm sure my garden won't ever be like hers, but maybe as the kids get older I'll be able to add some fun things to ours also.  We do have some lovely roses planted here by the people who lived here before us, and they smell so good right now!
This is a knockout rose, they are a very nice fuss free variety.  We have three of these bushes and they grow very well with little help from me.  Just a little water now and then. 

Zinnias are a good standby here in our area and mine are just starting to bloom.  I planted them from seeds this spring.  They didn't come up real well, I think my flowerbed must need some fertilizer or something.  This one is sure a pretty shade of pink!

A nice lady in our church shared some seeds from her garden with some of us last year and one of the things she gave us was dill.  So now I have dill growing in our garden.  I know I could make dill pickles with it, but I didn't plant any cucumbers this year, so it's just there looking decorative for now.  (:  I don't really have time to do any canning this year anyways.
All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord stands forever.  1 Peter 1:24-25


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...