Monday, June 11, 2012

A new calf

One of the things I love about living in the country is that it gives our kids the opportunity to have and raise their own animals.  Last week my brother had a baby calf that he didn't want to keep so he gave it to our son.  He was very happy to get him!  So now he has the responsibility of feeding the calf his bottle several times a day.  Our son loves animals and loves to take care of them so he is good at it. 
I always loved having bottle calves when I was a kid.  I remember my first one was red with a white face, and I named her Henrietta.  I remember running out to feed them in the mornings before school.  Country life is great- and I'm so thankful that our kids get to experience those same things.  (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...