Friday, June 1, 2012

Some encouragement


I love the book of Psalms in the Bible, they are so encouraging when I'm overwhelmed with the troubles of life.  This morning I was reading from chapters 56 and 57, and David wrote them when he was hiding out from King Saul, who was trying to kill him.  So he had plenty to be discouraged about!  But no matter what you are going through, whether it is relationship problems, health problems, financial problems, or whatever, God is bigger than it all and he can be trusted.  Here are the verses that helped me this morning, and I hope they are an encouragement to you as well.

When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can mortal man do to me?

Record my lament; list my tears on your scroll--
are they not in your record?

I am under vows to you, O God; I will present my thank offerings to you.
For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before God in the light of life.

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me,
for in you my soul takes refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.

I cry out to God Most High,
to God, who fulfills his purpose for me.

My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and make music.

For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...