Friday, November 7, 2014

Time for tea

 
The wind is howling outside, so today Miss E
and I had our tea time indoors, at the little kitchen
cupboard she has in her room.  This is the kitchen
cupboard that originally belonged to my Grandma,
and has been passed around to all the girls in the family
ever since.  We were able to go out in the wind this
morning and find a few roses and mums that
escaped the frost last week.  Next week it's supposed
to be even colder so we will enjoy these while
we have them! 

 
This sweet little teapot is made by Sadler, and the two teacups
we chose coordinate nicely with the pink and purple of the flowers,
don't you think?  The smaller one that Miss E used is one of my
favorites, the pattern is Castleton Manor.  The larger teacup is by
Sandy Clough, called "Hope".  For so long we hoped and waited
for Miss E, and now she is here and bringing us so much joy!
 
Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.
Proverbs 13:12

 
We actually drank real tea this time, it wasn't too hot and
Miss E really loved it- she had three cupful's!  Well, I guess
you would call this real tea- the recipe is below!

 
Vanilla Chai Tea Mix
 
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
2 cups French vanilla flavored powdered creamer
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon nutmeg
 
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Store in an airtight container.
Mix 2 heaping tablespoons of mix
into one mug of hot water.

 
Would you care for some tea, too?
 
~ I will be joining Sandi for her tea time next week~

5 comments:

  1. Carmen, I am so happy your Miss E likes her tea! Your grandmother's cupboard is such a treasure and makes a wonderful place to set up tea time. I love Sadler teapots and yours is very pretty. Lovely teacups too. Thank you for sharing your lovely tea time with us and have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Hope teacup too. My former employer gave us all a different Sandy Clough set for Christmas one year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carmen ...

    What a pretty teapot .... Sadler really does create some beauties... I remember a similar cupboard in my Grandmothers house, which was used for baking ... It's brings back sweet memories and so appropriate for creating a relaxing teatime atmosphere. The chai tea is one of my favourite... and next time I will use a vanilla creamer too... ENJOY your day !!!..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your grandmother's cupboard and how you put it to use. Glad that Miss E enjoyed her tea and thank you for the tea mix recipe. It would make a nice gift with the holidays just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely memories you are creating. Wishing you many happy afternoons spent sipping tea with Miss E

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...