Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Seasons of Life



There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1


The season has changed here in our part of the world.
Just a few weeks ago everything was still green and growing,
but now it has all changed.  Half of the leaves are now on the ground,
the hedge apples are falling with a thud in the woods,
and we are enjoying the cooler temperatures and warm drinks.



Seasons can change in our lives just as quickly.
Just last spring and summer our children were all growing up
and becoming more independent, they didn't need me much
anymore, and I was bored, wondering what to do with my life!
Um, yeah, those days are past!!



Now I spend my time reading "boops" to a little sweet girl,
taking her outside to feed the animals or play in the sandbox,
homeschooling AJ and SJ, and trying to keep 8 people's
schedules straight.  Oh yeah, and somewhere in there I need
to wash clothes, buy an overflowing cart full of food each week,
go to doctor appointments, have social worker visits, and
keep my house clean... My mind is full and overflowing,
just like that shopping cart.



Where I used to have all the time in the world to have my
devotions and do Bible studies, now I have a little girl
sitting next to me begging me to read her another "boop"
instead of reading my Bible, and then while I'm reading she's
climbing all over me, trying to snuggle in, needing her diaper
changed, or wanting some breakfast.  Trust me, I'm not complaining!
It's just a different season.  So right now I'm trying to figure
out my new season of life, how to keep everything in balance,
and trying to remember how I did this seven years ago!



The difference between now and then is, this time I know that
things will only be like this with Miss E for a short time, and
then she will be growing up and becoming more independent,
just like the boys are.  So I will enjoy all the interruptions, and
sitting and watching her play in the sandbox, and not having a
clean house, and not getting any projects done.  Because it will
all change soon, and I will be back in the season of being bored
and wondering what to do with myself!  I know God understands
that I just can't do an in-depth Bible study right now, but I can
read a chapter of the Bible, an encouraging article, or listen to
a sermon on the radio.  And I can always pray throughout the
day or at night when I can't sleep.  He understands.

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize
with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted
in every way, just as we are- yet was without sin.  Let us then
approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may
receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:15-16


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...