Friday, October 10, 2014

Making Apple Crisp

 
There is a cool breeze blowing,
the leaves are drifting down,
and the smell of apple crisp is in the air!
 
This morning in between home schooling, I made
up an apple crisp for our lunch today.  I had a little
helper, as you can see!  Miss E was my chief taste
tester- she decided sugar tastes a whole lot better
than flour!  She loves to help me cook, which makes
me happy, but I think what she likes best is sampling
everything.  Her brothers aren't too happy about this,
but what can I say?  She's just so cute...
 
Apple crisp is a great way to enjoy the flavors of
fall without being as time consuming as a pie.
It also works very well to make it gluten free,
just use a gluten free flour blend in place of
the regular flour.  Here's the recipe I use all the time-
 
Apple Crisp
 
6 c. peeled and sliced apples
3/4 c. white sugar
1 T. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
 
Mix and place in a greased 9x9 inch baking dish.
 
3/4 c. oatmeal
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. melted butter
1/4 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
 
Mix above till crumbly and place on top of apples.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.  Serve warm with whip cream or ice cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...