Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Where is she?

 
I usually go for pink more than red, but I really love these red tulips- every year they look so pretty next to the woods in our backyard...

We are at the familiar stage in adoption where I know that our child is out there somewhere, and I feel like I need to find them NOW, because they need to be here with us!  It's like a constant ache in my heart that someone's missing.  I have felt it while we waited for each of our adopted children, with AJ I felt this way for 2 years.  I sure hope it's not that long this time.  We are slowly getting closer.  When you adopt through the state, first you complete your homestudy, then you look through the waiting children and decide which ones you want to submit your homestudy for. (This is the point we're at).  Then the child's social workers will look through however many homestudies they have and decide which family would be best for the child.  Sometimes they might only have one homestudy to look at, sometimes 10.  Even though we get to pick a child from the list we have no control over whether the child's team will also pick us!  That's when faith and trust in God and His perfect plan for both us and the child come in.  I am so glad he can be trusted, he has proved himself over and over again!

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
and to take him at his word;
just to rest upon his promise,
and to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him!
How I've proved him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust him more!
 
~Louisa Stead~
 


2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...