Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Monster Cookies

Our boys always come home from school hungry- I'm sure it's because they've been studying so hard!  Yea.  So, it is my ambition to always have some lunch ready when they walk in the door, so we can sit around the table and talk about the day a little before they run off to play.  I admit it doesn't always happen, sometimes they just have to look in the cupboard for something, but I try. 

I have been gluten free for 5 months now, and at my last Dr. appointment he said I could start having oatmeal and rice now!  So, I made Monster Cookies for lunch today.  They don't have any flour, just oatmeal, so I can eat them too.  After 5 months without anything resembling a cookie, they tasted awesome!  Here's the recipe--

Monster Cookies

3 eggs
1 1/8 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 stick butter
2 t. soda
3/4 lb. peanut butter
4 3/4 c. oatmeal
1 1/4  pkgs. chocolate chips (or use part M&Ms)

Blend eggs, sugars, and butter together with mixer.  Add soda and peanut butter.  Stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips, and M&Ms.  Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...