Friday, September 14, 2012

Andy walks with me

Back when Andy and I were dating, we were sitting in church one Sunday, and I told him my favorite hymn was "In the Garden"- here are the words if you don't know them.

 
I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses.
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there none other has ever known.
~C. Austin Miles~
 
It's a nice song and all, but this is why I really told him it was my favorite hymn--
 

 
Andy's grandma sent me this newspaper clipping when we were dating and I still have it in my Bible, I guess because I'm sentimental like that.  (:  Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! When I saw the title of your post I immediately thought of that song...one of my favorites too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've requested that song to be played at my funeral. It has a beautiful message which I hope will reach someone when I no longer can. What a sweet story! I'm a new follower. :D
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Family Circus cartoons. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...