Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Ray of Hope


You know how often God sends the same message that you need to hear over and over and over?  Lately it has been that way for me, and the message is this, God doesn't need your help.  God doesn't need our family to rescue a child from foster care.  He can help those kids any way he wants to.  I have come to realize that the right attitude is this-  "God, I would love to be used by you to give an orphan a home.  If there is a child out there that we would be able to help, please use us.  If you desire to help these children in another way, may your will be done."  It's really a motivation shift.  Is my motivation to make me look good or just to be willing to let God use me?  It's totally different. 

So, that brings me to the ray of hope.  On Friday we had a conference call with several social workers about a little 11 year old girl!  We don't know yet what the outcome will be, but God does!  The call was very positive and we will hopefully know more in a few weeks.  We would love your prayers for peace (these things tend to stress me out), patience with the system (see my post earlier this week), and most of all for this little girl, that God's will would be done in her life, and that her heart would be open to whatever family God has for her.  Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...