Friday, November 30, 2012

Waiting...

I love watching this squirrel behind our house, he's always busy!
 
Waiting is always hard, especially for impatient people like me.  Usually when you are waiting you have an end in sight- like when you are waiting for your wedding, you can count down the days, when you are waiting to give birth, you can count down the months and you know you won't be pregnant forever!, when you are waiting for Christmas, you know it is always on December 25th, and so on.  But waiting to adopt is a whole different story.  I realized today we have spent 44 months waiting to adopt in our lives so far.  Waiting to adopt is so difficult because that phone call telling you of your new child can come at any moment.  You have no idea how long you will be waiting, and you have absolutely no control over how long you will be waiting.  It's pretty much torture.  I don't know how many sighs have escaped my lips while we've been waiting to adopt, but it has been a lot.  I saw this cute Family Circus cartoon on facebook today-
 
 
When you adopt, there isn't any physical pain, no pregnancy sickness or contractions, but there definitely is labor of the heart.  And, having experienced both, I would say that adopting is a lot more painful than giving birth.  But the reward is great!  It's a good opportunity to learn to trust God and his sovereign control over each situation.
 
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14


2 comments:

  1. Well that pain is sure in a different place, but I'll agree, waiting for something so precious is hard no matter how you do it. You're right, soooo worth it!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just like to really thank you for this post. God used it to encourage me! He has said this same thing to me(us) about 6 different times now, within the last few weeks-as we wait-for Him.
    God bless you and this very precious family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...