Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Village

 
About 10 years ago I started collecting pieces of our Christmas village, and now it's quite a busy place!  Putting up the village is one of my favorite parts of decorating for Christmas.
 
 
I love how the light shines through the windows, especially in the evening.

 
The kids love looking at it too, it looks like a fun place to live!

 
So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee
to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David,...
While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born.
Luke 2:4,6

 
This is the village we had when I was growing up.
It's a lot simpler, huh?  In fact, I think all of Christmas
was a lot simpler back then, or maybe it just seems that way.
We do tend to over complicate life!

 
I love Christmas memories, I can't stand to get rid of any
of our Christmas decorations, no matter how out-of-date
they are!  They stay in the boxes and I look at them each
year even if I don't put them all up.  I hope our children
have equally good memories of Christmas when they are grown!
 
 
Sorry this picture is so blurry- I can't hold still enough
 in low light and neither can they! (:
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen,
    I love especially the blurry photo with the kids. That looks so fondly and bemused. I think Christmas decorations with memories get never out-of-mode. So I still keep on old stuff because it holds so many memories for me. The little village is a very charming holiday decoration. And your old town is cute as well. Thank you for sharing this delightful post. I was pleased to find your sweet comment on my blog.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments! Great to hear from you. I agree- Christmas never goes out of style. (:

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...