Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Happy Fall





A couple days ago Miss E and I went for a little walk and saw all these butterflies, there were a few monarchs too but I didn't get a picture.

It's smelling like fall outside!
I was trying to think how I would describe the smell of fall here, and I would say it's kind of dusty and sweet.

I like this poem I found in an old book called, "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady", by Edith Holden.  It's her journal from the year 1906.


She has lots of beautiful illustrations and poems, little bits of country wisdom, and her journal entries in the book.  I have been enjoying it.  There are several others she wrote as well.


Happy fall to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...