Sunday, September 4, 2016

My Second Favorite Month

The sky is blue, the fields in view, 
All fading-green and yellow: 
Come let us stray our gladsome way,
And view the charms of Nature; 
The rustling corn, the fruited thorn, 
And ev'ry happy creature.

~Burns


I think September might be my second favorite month.  May is my favorite, but there's something so nice about September.  The air feels different, the sunflowers, thistles, and goldenrod are all in bloom, football begins, and I feel like being outside again.


~Sunflowers in the wind~



Miss E's favorite flower is the sunflower, so this afternoon we drove down the rode a couple miles and picked a jar full for the counter.  Soon we will be finding pretty fall leaves and acorns!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...