Thursday, August 11, 2016

Peaches and Cream Tea


Life is crazy and busy and full and complicated, at least, at my stage of life it is.  School starts next week and two boys will be in football on separate teams, and I will be homeschooling two boys and nobody's very excited about it (school, that is, not football!).  So, it was time for a little tea with my Miss E! 


We had peach cobbler with ice cream and it was delicious on this hot day.  Miss E helped me pick the flowers and which tea tray to use.  Tea is always more fun with a little girl helping out!


I love vintage snack sets and collected a set of 8 this last year.  If you would like the recipe for our peach cobbler you can find it here.


Lately I have been re-reading One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp.  I first read it about five years ago and started my own list of things I am thankful for.  Being in an attitude of thankfulness has definitely helped me get through rough times in the last five years, and as I read Ann's book again it convicted me in new ways that I hadn't thought of before.  I really liked this part, that I read today--


"When the laundry is for the dozen arms of children or the dozen legs, it's true, I think I'm due some appreciation.  So comes a storm of trouble and lightning strikes joy.  But when Christ is at the center, when dishes, laundry, work, is my song of thanks to Him, joy rains."  ~Ann Voskamp


Jesus has blessed us with so many good things, and if I look at my work as a gift of service back to him, how great is that?  It really changes everything when your perspective changes.  Like Jesus said in John 9:4~

As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. 
Night is coming, when no one can work.

1 comment:

  1. She's soooooooo grown up. You are such a wonderful mommy to have tea with your daughter.
    Tara and JOJO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...