Friday, February 28, 2014

Doll Clothes

We are very ready for winter to be over around here, but with highs in the teens this weekend and a forecast of sleet, freezing rain, and snow, it looks like we will have to endure it a little longer.  But when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, right?  So I decided that instead of feeling depressed about winter I would do something fun- make doll clothes!





For the Barbie dresses I used the tutorials on this website.  The directions were very easy to follow and fun to make.  I made up the knitted poncho and crocheted hat- even Barbie needs to keep warm in this weather.  And for the calico pioneer dress I used an old Butterick pattern my Mom had.  I really liked how it turned out, but I think I'm going to make an apron yet to go with it. 



As far as what little girl will play with them, we still don't know!  But we "might" be getting a little closer.  Hopefully we will know in the next few weeks whether we will be chosen for the girls we have submitted our homestudy for.  And, last but not least, here's a little encouragement for the day~


Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another;
be sympathetic, love as brothers,
be compassionate and humble.
1 Peter 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...