Friday, February 7, 2014

What He says, He will do!

God is always faithful.  He does what He says He will do, and yesterday I was reminded of that yet again!  I was looking through some drawers for tax paperwork (yes, I did our taxes yesterday...) and found an old spiral notebook with some verses in it.  On one of the pages I had written this-


Mark 11:22-24                      Adoption 2007

So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God.
For assuredly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain,
Be removed and be cast into the sea, and does not doubt
in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done,
he will have whatever he says.  Therefore I say to you, whatever
things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them,
and you will have them."

Now, back in 2007 we had just moved to Mexico as missionaries, and when you live in a foreign country it is very, very difficult to adopt.  However, I can remember still feeling like our family wasn't complete, and although I didn't have any idea how it would work out, I felt like we were still supposed to adopt again.  I can remember realizing back then, that even though we couldn't do anything towards adopting, I could still be praying for our next child, because he or she might be living already.

And you know what?  He was.  2007 was the year that our sweet son, AJ, was born.  So when I saw that I had written down these verses the very same year that our next child was born, it was such an encouraging reminder of God's faithfulness!  I wouldn't know a thing about AJ for another three years, but God knew all about him, and when I was praying for our next child, God had AJ in mind. 

What an awesome God we serve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...