Friday, January 31, 2014

Still waiting...

In case you are keeping up with our adoption saga, we are still just waiting!  We are waiting to be considered for two different sets of girls, one is A, a little one year old girl who we've known about since September.  I just cannot understand how it can take so so long for the social workers to respond and get things moving so these kids can get into their forever homes!  It makes no sense to me.  The other set of girls is two sisters, ages 9 and 11.  We just found out we will be considered for them this week.  This week we also heard from a social worker in Georgia about a three year old girl who is in a wheelchair after being paralyzed in a car crash.  She will be sending us some more information about her.


In the midst of all this it is easy for me to forget something very important- God has this covered.


The Job replied to the LORD:
I know that you can do all things;
no plan of yours can be thwarted.
Job 42:1-2

The LORD Almighty has sworn,
"Surely, as I have planned, so it will be,
and as I have purposed, so it will stand."
Isaiah 14:24

Since God has a plan and a purpose for us and these girls we are waiting to hear about, then there is nothing that will be able to keep his plan from happening.

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan
that can succeed against the LORD.
Proverbs 21:30

Not slow social workers, not a broken system, not somebody else's vision of where these kids should go, and not my ideas of what would be best- none of these things will succeed if they are against God's plan.  

Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21

I had to write this down today for myself, because it is so easy for me to forget these things and start to worry and fret and wonder how everything is going to turn out.  I am so glad God is trustworthy, I must keep my eyes on him.

And we know that in all things
God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...