Monday, January 13, 2014

Dreaming of Roses

~Roses from 2012~
 
Lately winter has been making me feel a little down.  January
is my least favorite month of the year, so I have started to dream
about gardening again!  I would really like to plant some more
roses this spring.  Last year I tried to start some roses from
cuttings, and although they looked promising for a while, I
think they all died.  Probably I don't remember to water them
quite enough.  So, I guess I will have to break down and
buy some this spring.  I know I want a Zephirine Drouhin
climbing rose for our rose arbor, but other than that I'm not sure yet.
Does anyone have suggestions for their favorite rose?
Some that are disease resistant maybe?
What is the best place to buy them?
Mail order or local nursery?
I would love to hear from you!
I have several knock-out rose bushes already
that have done really well, but I'd kind of like some
that are bigger and fuller for cutting.
 
...now to figure out where to plant them...

~Roses from 2013~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...