Saturday, December 21, 2013

White Christmas Roses

 
At Thanksgiving Andy's mom gave us this set of
white rose dishes, called Governor's Mansion.
They belonged to Andy's Great-Grandma originally.
Here is an old photo of Andy's family using them about
60 years ago- his mom is on the left, then his grandpa and aunt.
 
 
When I saw them I thought they would be perfect
for our Christmas brunch this year!
I love using family treasures.
Andy bought me some white roses for our centerpiece,
to match the white rose on the dishes.

 
I added in some cedar and red berries from our woods.
 
 
Our brunch was very tasty, the menu included, honey glazed ham,
hashbrown and egg casserole, gingerbread boys, cinnamon applesauce,
and grapes.  I posted the recipe for these gingerbread boys earlier
in the week, you can find it here if you like.  They were yummy!

 
We had a great Christmas, although some of the kids are still feeling sick.
You can tell which ones by their faces in this picture!
 
Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel,
because he has come and has redeemed his people.
Luke 1:68
 


4 comments:

  1. I love the dishes. You are fortunate to have some of those things passed down from loved ones. I had one plate of my Grandmother. I just kept looking at yard sales and antique shops until I got enough to set a dinner table. Love that. Hope everyone is feeling better. Have a joyous Christmas. Still praying for the daughter God has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carmen,
    Your brunch sounds delicious and the china is lovely! Beautiful roses too. Thank you for joining me for my Christmas Tea and have a Blessed Christmas with your family.

    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to hear of someone having family heirloom dishes handed down and you created a beautiful table with the china and vase of white roses.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a love table you have set. The dishes are stunning. Thank you so much for sharing. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...