Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Tree of Memories

 
One of my favorite parts of Christmas decorating
is all the memories that come as I put up the ornaments
on the Christmas tree.  Our Christmas tree is not
a "designer" tree, with a theme and perfectly matched
ornaments, but rather, a tree of memories.
The toy train above was given to my husband when
he was nine years old.  It still plays Jingle Bells!
 
 
These are our boys- as God gave us each of our children,
I bought an ornament that looked like them, and so
they are on our tree every year and are some of my
favorite ornaments.

 
The homemade ornaments definitely bring back more
fond memories than the store bought ones!  Andy
made the ball when he was a boy in school, and I
have such great memories of making the other three
ornaments shown with my Mom.  I remember she
didn't really feel like making the ice skates, but
she did anyways, what a good mom!
 
I keep telling myself as I decorate, the house doesn't need
to be perfect- as long as our home is filled with love,
Christmas will be great.
 
God is love.
Whoever lives in love lives in God,
and God in him.
1 John 4:16
 
I'm joining Sandi's Home party today.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carmen,
    Your Christmas tree of memories is really special! Each ornament, endearing. I have a tree of memories too although it is adorned with fancy ribbon. I agree with you that our home doesn't need to be perfect. It's the love of God and our family's love that makes it perfect. Thank you for sharing at my HOME. Enjoy your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...