Monday, October 28, 2013

The Big Picture

 
This is the tallest tree on our land, and as we were taking a walk
yesterday we came up to it.  AJ thought it was just amazing,
and he exclaimed, "This tree must be as big as God!"
 
I'm so glad that our God is a lot bigger than that old cottonwood tree.
 
If we were birds, we could fly to the top of that cottonwood and be
able to see all the country around, and we would get the big picture.
Down here where we are in the woods we can only see a little way.
 
 
So, do I trust my own judgment and knowledge, even
though I can only see a little bit, or do I trust the One
who is able to see the whole picture?
 
Do not be quick with your mouth,
do not be hasty in your heart
to utter anything before God.
 
God is in heaven, and you are on earth,
so let your words be few.
 
Ecclesiastes 5:2
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...