Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Never say Never

SJ and AJ with our miniature mare, Star
 
Have you ever said you'd never do something and then ended up doing it?  That seems to happen fairly often, doesn't it?   One thing we always said was that we would never send our kids to public school.  And now we're doing it!  It's going quite well, some of them tend to think school is a waste of their time anyways, so that hasn't changed no matter what school they are in!  But overall we are pleased with how things are going.  They are finding friends and we are happy with their teachers. 
 
You know, I was thinking, that when we say, "I would never do __________", aren't we really limiting God's ability to work in our lives?  How can he change us and grow us if we are so stuck in our ways?  In my case he had to send me seizures and bad health to get us to send our kids to public school- I couldn't physically home school them anymore.  Thankfully I am feeling lots better now, but I am glad that we made the decision to send our kids to public school.  They are learning things there that I couldn't teach them- and I'm not talking about reading, writing and arithmetic.  They are learning how to do work for people who might not do things they way we do, they are learning about how to make wise choices, and how to get along with kids who are different from them- all great life lessons.  So the old saying, "Never say never!" is really true.
 
In his heart a man plans his course,
but the Lord determines his steps.
Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

  1. So true about the life lessons. It's good for kids to learn them while we are still the first ones they come to with their troubles. Glad it's going well for you! We plan to be home this weekend, so maybe we'll see you at church!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...