Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Home...

What makes a house feel homey to you?  Having your family there would be the first thing I'd think of, but what else makes your house a nice place to come home to?  Sandi, at Rose Chintz Cottage, is having a blog party where you can post what you do to make your house a home, and I thought it would be fun to join in.

 
 
I love this corner of our dining room.  It makes me feel happy every time I look over there, because it's filled with things I love and things that bring me good memories.  The red and cream pie safe that holds my transferware came from my great-grandparents' home.  Family antiques are very special.
 
 
I just received this quilted wall hanging in the mail a few weeks ago from a dear friend.  She told me that during last winter when I was having health problems she decided to make this for me and pray for me while she stitched it together!  I am so thankful for her and so now when I see this cute wall hanging it reminds me of her.
 
 
On top of the pie safe is this old blue canning jar filled with seashells that we gathered on vacation in South Carolina back in 2000.  That was a fun trip because it was the first time I'd seen the ocean.
 
 
And of course, I love red transferware- all the interesting scenes on each one make them fun to use for everyone in the family.  I let the kids pick which plate they want to use for our holiday meals, and they all have their favorites.
 
 
So, using things I love for decorations is one way I try to make our house a home.  I'm looking forward to seeing what other people share!






8 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen,
    What a treasure your pie safe is and filled with red transferware makes it really special! I love red transferware!! The wall hanging is so cute and such a thoughtful gift from your friend! Your jar of shells is also special. I cannot imagine never having seen the ocean but I guess there are many who haven't. I guess I am blessed to be living on an island. Thank you for sharing your special treasures and linking up for my HOME party. I appreciate your friendship and have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cabinet and your red and white china. Your decor is really pretty. The little red chair on top is really cute too. Have a great day! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pie safe and the red transferware! What a wonderful gift from your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pie safe and that red transferware...I'm swooning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carmen,
    Your pie safe and red transferware is beautiful! Love the pretty floral wall hanging from your good friend. I love visiting the ocean as well and love your jar of shells. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a lovely week.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. you certainly have a very special friend. What a great way of remembering to pray for a friend, stitching prayers into a wall hanging, What a blessing,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carmen your pie cupboard is indeed very special and lovely!
    The red transferware looks great in it.
    You have a lovely home :-)
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carmen,

    Your red transferware and cupboard are gorgeous! Everything is so organized. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...