Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Chickens

Well, I can check one thing off my summer to-do list!  We got the chicken coop all done!  This February we got 25 baby chicks in the mail and they just started laying eggs a few weeks ago.  In the past we have always let our chickens roam free, but last year something ate them all, probaby a coyote or coon, who knows.  So we decided to build them a chicken coop this time. 
Andy built the nest boxes on the back, along with a window for light.  The top board slides back and forth so you can get to the eggs.
Hopefully the chickens appreciate their nice accomodations, it took me a long time to paint it all today!
Except for this one, she might be kind of mad at me, but she got too close to the paint brush!

2 comments:

  1. Love the coop. Just got chicks and want to build a similar structure. Do you have plans you could share?
    -Laura (friend of Charity P. in El Paso)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't have plans, we just used some scrap wood we had for the actual building part, and then just built the fence around it. Enjoy your chickens- and tell Charity hi from us!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...