Monday, June 20, 2016

Rose Tea Time


Life is busy these days!  I haven't blogged in a month and life just keeps moving by, faster and faster, like they always say.  Miss E and I finally were able to have a tea party again last week, and although the weather was rather hot we enjoyed our iced sun tea in our pretty rose tea cups, along with some banana bread.



I have included a quote our pastor used in a sermon recently, I really appreciated it and desire this to be true of me.  Mercy triumphs over judgement.  James 2:13




When we are given our rewards, I would prefer to be found to have erred on the side of grace rather than judgment;


to have loved too much rather than too little;
to have forgiven the underserving rather than refused forgiveness to one who deserved it;


to have fed a parasite rather than to have neglected one who was truly hungry;
to have been taken advantage of rather than to have taken advantage;


to have believed too much in my brothers rather than too little;
having been wrong on the side of too much trust than too much cynicism;
to have believed the best and been wrong, than to have believed the worst and been right.

~Anonymous





I am joining Sandi for No Place Like Home



6 comments:

  1. I love having tea in the garden. Love your beautiful tray with your cottagey tea things...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have started a phrase from a chorus running thru my head...from Only The Love Of Jesus. I love your tea tray, comments and photos. A lovely setting! My first visit.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tea tray, Carmen! Yum! I haven't had banana bread in a while now you have me craving some. I love the quote from your pastor's sermon. I will have to borrow that one day as it certainly speaks to my heart. It is beautiful! Thank you for sharing and Happy first day of Summer, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm admiring the lovely white tea tray. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a pieceful place and your tray is just lovely thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quote from your Pastor's sermon. To truly love hard. I can be guilty of that. Your tea is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...