Monday, January 12, 2015

Tea with Grandma

"Serenity is a solitary cup of tea;
pleasure is sharing it with another."
 
 
Last week my mother in law, Jacki, came for a visit.
We had a great time with her, and one fun thing we did
was have a tea party with just the girls. 

 
We used these pretty white rose tea cups,
which came from Jacki's grandma, so that
would be Miss E's great-great-grandma!
Her name was Martha, here is a photo of
her from 80 years ago, in western Colorado.
 


 
Hear my cry, O God;
listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth
I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe...
You have given me the heritage
of those who fear your name.
Psalm 61:1-3,5
 
I am joining Tea Time Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. A cozy tea set out for just the ladies! Love the pretty teapot and the white rose teacups are lovely. I love the old snapshot.They tell wonderful stories. Thank you for sharing your special tea time with us, Carmen, and have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful prayer and a lovely child. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely setting for tea. A very special day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...