Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Half a Dozen

~Here are some pics of four of our six children~

For some reason, going from five to six children has been
a harder switch than going from three to four or four to five.
Maybe it's because I'm older, ahem, and the brain doesn't
work as quickly?  I'm not sure, but my brain is definitely
full all the time!  Having toddlers to teenagers with
everything in between keeps me hopping these days.
I am thankful that God is gracious and understanding,
he has given us precious verses to encourage us busy moms.

He tends his flock like a shepherd.
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young.
Isaiah 40:11

One of our kids mentioned the other day that our family
has the most kids living at home of anyone in our church.
I was kind of shocked to realize that, I never really
set out to break any records or anything!  But I guess if
you think about the fact that God enabled us to adopt
five times, that really is amazing.  He has blessed us!
But with all these blessings my weaknesses are really
starting to show up, it seems.  So I like this verse too-
I just have to remember to let God's strength fill me
instead of trying to survive on my own.

"My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...