Tuesday, September 16, 2014

What if I'd said, "no!"

(I know this kitty looks a little worried, but it did survive Miss E's loving!)

Back in August of 2012 I wrote this in my journal-

"A while back I saw a photo listing of a 2 year old special needs
girl, named Emily, who needs adopting.  I haven't been able to get
her out of my mind since!  She's in Arizona and people from out
of state can't adopt her yet, but it seems like God is trying to open
our hearts to the possibility of adopting a special needs child.
Honestly, it scares me to death!"

Now, two years later, it scares me to think of what would have
happened if I had said "no" to God's urging us to adopt again.
When I wrote that in my journal Miss E was already growing
inside her birthmother's womb, and God was finding her a home,
even though she hadn't been born yet.  I'm so glad we said yes
when God asked us to adopt through the state.  It definitely
hasn't been easy, and we're not done yet, but Miss E is worth it!
And although she had some physical special needs at the beginning
of her life, she is doing much better now.

If you are feeling like God wants you to do something hard,
don't hesitate to say yes!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...