Saturday, August 23, 2014

Preparation

It's the middle of the night, and I can't sleep.
A hundred thoughts are swirling through my mind-
Will she like us?  Will she have a hard time adjusting?
What should we get her for Christmas?  Maybe I should
sew her another dress...  That was sure a cute outfit we
found in town this afternoon...  How will I do her hair?
 
~Preparation~
 
 
Her room is ready, the cute clothes we found this afternoon
have been hung up in the closet or neatly folded into her dresser.
The quilt I sewed for her many years ago is ready on her bed.
The play dishes are in the little cupboard, a doll is in my old
doll cradle, and sweet little hair accessories are in a basket on
the dresser.  I think we're ready!  You know, I started preparing
for having a daughter many many years ago.  I'd find a cute outfit
and buy it, sew a dress, make an afghan, paint her room pink,
all without knowing when she would come, just knowing that she would.
I was preparing a place for her.
 
And as I lay in bed pondering all these things tonight, I realized
that's exactly what Jesus is doing for me right now- he's
getting my room ready!  He's anxiously awaiting my arrival
in heaven, my forever home, just like we are anxiously awaiting
the arrival of our Little A here, to her earthly forever home.
He loves us so much!  Listen to his words-
 
Do not let your hearts be troubled.
Trust in God; trust also in me.
In my Father's house are many rooms;
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I am going there to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back and take you to be with me
that you also may be where I am.
John 14:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...