Thursday, April 3, 2014

Little Things


I love you, O LORD, my strength.
In my distress I called to the LORD;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.
Psalm 18:1,6

One thing I love about God is how he shows us his love and care
in little ways, just because he can.  He answers little prayers in
such loving ways, showing me that he is listening and caring about
me and my little problems.  If he cares about my little problems,
I know that he cares about my big problems!  Here is a little story
that I was reminded of again this morning as I was putting away the dishes.

Seven years ago we had just moved to Chihuahua Mexico
to do some mission work.  I knew very little Spanish, mostly
just enough to say, "mi espanol es muy mal"!  Our new home
had tile floors and therefore with several small children we had
lots of glasses break.  One of the things that broke on that floor
was my glass 2 cup measuring cup that we had received as
a wedding gift.  I used that measuring cup all the time and really
needed a replacement.  So, I went to the local Soriana, which
is the Mexican equivalent of Walmart, and started to look for
a new measuring cup.  I looked all over and couldn't find one anywhere.
So, since there was no way I could ask one of the employees,
I asked God.  I just prayed that God would please help
me find a measuring cup.  And a little bit later, there was
this lonely glass 2 cup measuring cup, sitting on the shelf
by itself, with no price tag on it. 


So I thanked God and picked it up and took it to the front. 
Without a price tag they didn't know what to charge me, so they
went to look for another one, but they couldn't find one either, so they just
charged me a dollar or two and let me go.  I think God put
it there just for me!  Now whenever I use this measuring cup,
I am reminded of how much God cares about me.  He
loves us so much, and I am just so grateful to Him!

Do you have a similar story of God's faithfulness in your life?
I would encourage you to write it down or tell it to a friend.
If God was faithful in the past, He will be faithful in the future,
because HE NEVER CHANGES!


1 comment:

  1. Your story of God's faithfulness touched my heart. When I sit at my computer, I can see a little bird house on my front porch. Sparrows build in it every year and they are terribly messy! But I always think of God watching out for both them and ME!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...