Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Good Day

Today has been a good day- I love days like this!
It started with me reading Psalm 103, and if you
haven't read that one lately, you really should,
it's one of my favorites!
 
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits--
 
Here are a few blessings the Lord has given me today-
 
 
I can look out my kitchen window, and see this-
cardinals, blue jays, sparrows, blackbirds, and starlings
have all been seen at our bird bath this week-
and aren't those red tulips pretty?

 
After having the fourth driest start to the year on record,
we got 1/2" of rain this morning- just what the corn, wheat,
grass and garden needed.  Thank you LORD!

 
There are lilacs on our table- thanks to the lilac bush
someone planted in front of the stone house many many years ago.
One of my favorite smells!

 
I got to make some pies this morning for a Easter
family get-together this evening- which made the
house smell even better!  It's been a nice cozy day-
I hope yours has been as well, but even if it hasn't,
remember, the Lord is always there for you, good days or not.
 
But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children-
with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.
Psalm 103:2,17-18
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely posts - beautiful blessings and I do love that chapter in Psalms too! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...