Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Only One Thing


Here at our house it seems like there is always something to worry over, wonder about, and decide.  I suppose it's that way for everyone.  Kids activities alone is a huge one.  I don't know how many camps we've gotten fliers for this month- football camp, basketball camp, golf camp, Bible camps, VBS in 3 places, you name it our kids could be busy all summer.  Of course each one sounds so exciting and if their friends are going then they want to be there too!  This morning as I was pondering this and other things we have going on, God brought the story of Martha and Mary to my mind in Luke 10.

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered,
"you are worried and upset about many things,"
 
Um, yes.
 
"but only one thing is needed."
 
What was that one thing?
 
"Mary has chosen what is better,
and it will not be taken from her."
 
If you look back a couple verses, it tells us about Martha's sister Mary-
 
She had a sister called Mary,
who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said.
 
We can't let ourselves get so busy that we fail to sit at Jesus' feet and listen.  That is the one thing that is needed.  A good reminder for me this morning!
 


1 comment:

  1. A good reminder for me this morning too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...