Monday, March 11, 2013

Fire is a good thing

I like fire in a lot of ways.
I like the way it just gets rid of all our trash.
I like how it makes us warm in the winter.
I like roasting brats and marshmallows over it.
 
 
But when that fire is happening in my life, it's not so fun.
God uses these fires, also called trials, to get rid of the
trash in our lives, the pride and self-centeredness that keeps
us thinking we have it all together.  Instead, God wants
to replace that pride with a total focus and dependence
on him for all our needs.  So really, the fire is a good thing,
and something to give us joy, even though it is painful at times!
 
Though now for a little while you may have had to
suffer grief in all kinds of trials.
These have come so that your faith-
of greater worth than gold,
which perishes even though refined by fire-
may be proved genuine and may result
in praise, glory and honor
when Jesus Christ is revealed.
1 Peter 1:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...