Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Courthouses

I love going to old courthouses- probably because I've never committed a crime!
 
 
This is our county courthouse, the place where we finalized AJ's
adoption.  Maybe that's partly why I like going there?  But
I also love seeing all the old architecture- the 100 year old
wooden banisters, the old fireplaces in the offices, the tile floors,
the smell- I like it all!

 
This is the courthouse for the county where I grew up.
I was just there yesterday again, and as I went up the stairs
I immediately remembered the feeling of dread I had
as a little girl going up those same stairs to get immunizations
from the health department!
 
Both of these courthouses are over 100 years old.  Whenever
I think about history it reminds me of how short our lives are.
Am I letting God use my life for Him?  Is my life making
a difference in this world?  God has given us so much- the least
we can do is give our lives in service to Him.
 
Therefore, I urge you, brothers,
in view of God's mercy,
to offer your bodies as living sacrifices,
holy and pleasing to God-
this is your spiritual act of worship.
Romans 12:1
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...