Monday, February 4, 2013

Sewing in the Old Days

My mom is great at arranging flowers, and she brought
over this arrangement for me to enjoy the other day.  It contains
my great-grandma's yarn, needle book, darning foot and
her sewing basket.  The antique sewing machine belonged
to my other great-grandma.  I'm thankful I don't feel the need
to patch socks anymore- but it would be fun to sew with
such a pretty sewing machine!  I admire those women of
the past who worked so hard for their families.
 
 
A wife of noble character, who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

 
She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.

 
She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

 
She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.

 
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
from Proverbs 31
 
I'm joining Table Top Tuesday today.
There's lots of good ideas there!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I absolutely love your sewing machine. That's what I learned to sew on when I was around 6. Wish my mom had kept it, it would be a real treasure I would love. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...