Thursday, February 7, 2013

Beauty in the Winter

Sometimes it's hard to find beauty in the winter.
 
Everything is brown and dead, and it's cold,
and so sometimes we just try to exist and make it through.
 
 
Sometimes it's winter in our hearts too.
We may be facing a difficult circumstance, an illness,
a broken relationship, and we just want to exist
and make it through.
 
 
But God is there!  He is bringing new life.

Out of the dark, cold, place- he can bring beauty!

 
I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.
Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.
Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you have planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.
Psalm 40:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...