Monday, March 7, 2016

Easter Garden

You know how those little fairy gardens are all the rage these days?  They have the sweetest little fences and bridges and paths all in miniature.  Well, I'm always on the lookout for new Easter ideas, because my Easter décor isn't really very amazing, so this year I had the idea of making an Easter garden.  I already had the Resurrection figurines from several years ago, and I thought it would be a fun project for the kids and me to do together.  We bought a few houseplants from the home improvement store, and gathered some interesting rocks to make a little creek and tomb.  It was a lot of fun and we are enjoying it!
 
 
At the place where Jesus was crucified, there was a garden,
and in the garden a new tomb,
in which no on had ever been laid.
Because it was the Jewish day of Preparation
and since the tomb was nearby,
they laid Jesus there.

 
On the first day of the week, very early in the morning,
the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.
They found the stone rolled away from the tomb,
but when they entered, they did not find
the body of the Lord Jesus.

 
While they were wondering about this,
suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them.
...the men said to them,
"Why do you look for the living among the dead?
He is not here; he has risen!"
 
John 19:41-42, Luke 24:1-6

 
I am joining No Place Like Home

1 comment:

  1. Carmen, this is such a great idea! I'm sure the children had a lovely time helping you put it together. I enjoyed seeing the red transferware in the background too. Thank you for sharing with us today.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...