Friday, January 8, 2016

What do you do with January?

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost~


Even though this poem sounds nice, January is a hard month. It's freezing out, you are trying to recover from Christmas, the days are dreary and the nights are long.  Plus, how do you decorate?  (I know, it's an unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but still!)  Usually I just try to survive through January and February.  But this year I want to enjoy these months, after all, I don't just want to be miserable for 2 months out of the year.

So here's my plan...

Crafting
 
 
Enjoy the birds at my feeder
 
 
 
Watch lots of basketball games
(Both PD and DJ are playing this winter)

 
And maybe read a few books!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...