Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Little Girls' Woodland Tea Party


This morning my Mom and I hosted a tea party for Miss E's Sunday School class girls, their moms, and their grandmas, at my parents' home.  We had a fun time preparing for it so I thought you might like to see what we came up with.


We had a woodland theme, so my mom made place card holders out of sticks, and we gave acorn Christmas ornaments as favors.


Each place setting was unique.  We had fun matching the tea cups to the dessert plates.


And speaking of dessert, we had these strawberry shortcakes with butterflies on top, served in my mom and sister's green depression glass custard cups.


These little cheese hearts were fun to eat!  I just bought some thickly sliced cheese from the deli and cut them out with a cookie cutter.


I also made acorns out of a chocolate chip, a mini Nutter Butter, and a Hershey's Kiss.


My mom designed this beautiful woodland centerpiece, complete with fairies, pink bottle brush trees, a path, trellis, and around back...


the fairies are having their own tea party!


 I also made these little stuffed cherry tomatoes, and since the recipe was requested, I will share it here.

BLT Bites

16-20 cherry tomatoes
1/2 package bacon bits
1/2 c. mayonnaise
3 oz. cream cheese
3 T. parmesan cheese
1 T. parsley
1/4 t. onion powder

Cut tops off of cherry tomatoes and scoop out seeds.  Combine remaining ingredients. Using a baby spoon, stuff filling inside of tomatoes.  Refrigerate several hours before serving.

I am joining No Place Like Home and A return to loveliness today!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely tea table, Carmen. The little fairy centerpiece is so cute! I'm sure the ladies, young and young-at-heart, enjoyed it. The food looks wonderful too and so creative! I'm so glad you have shared this with us. Hope you're having a lovely week.

    Autumn blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet! My granddaughters would love this! The table looked so beautiful and I love that adorable centerpiece. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! You and Aunt Diana have such a gift. I also love the recipe you shared. I've made it several times thanks to first trying it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love every thing about your sweet girl's woodland tea party - so charming! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...