Sunday, February 1, 2015

Mothering isn't for the weak, or maybe it is...


This morning I am home from church with a sick little girl,
so I have a few minutes to write while she plays with her
kitchen and watches Winnie the Pooh.  I know mothering
lots of children has been the theme of my posts lately,
but that's because it's been the theme of my life lately!
(Oh, now she's on to something new, mopping the
windows with my Swiffer.)  So anyways, where was I,
oh yes, mothering...

I have been feeling so weak regarding raising children lately.
I don't have all the answers for how to help my child who
is struggling, or how to help my child who has health issues,
or my child who is sad about his birthfamily.  I get so tired.
(Now she's sitting by the woodstove, warming her feet...)


But maybe when I am weak, that's when I'm strongest-
if I remember to rely on the Lord and His strength throughout
the day.  I know that on the mornings when I ask the Lord
to help me that day, even while I'm still lying in bed,
the day goes so much better!  (Now she's back to Winnie
the Pooh, good.)  This morning I was reminded of this song,
I think I need to add it to my music playlist-

His strength is perfect when our strength is gone;
He'll carry us when we can't carry on.
Raised in His power, the weak become strong;
His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect.

~Steven Curtis Chapman and Jerry Salley~

Things go so much better when I am relying on Him,
so maybe it is true, Mothering is for the weak?

(Pictures are of DJ, who is playing basketball this winter)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...